1. Abdu Kiar who is one of the most popular musicians of Ethiopia was born on 1976 Merkato, Addis Ababa Ethiopia. He is the youngest of 7 children in the family.
2. He released 4 Albums including ‘Merkato Sefere’, ‘Fikir Beamargna’, ‘Minew Shewa’, and the latest ‘Tikur Anbessa’. Astonishingly his fame blew right after he released his first album Merkato sefere.
|Abdu Kiar in his new song zhwa zhwe|
4. At that time Abdu worked with Teddy Afro Shewandagn Tigist in Coffee House. He used to perform English music’s of Hip Hop and Reggae genre.
5. Abdu Kiar then went to Saudi Arabia where he lived for 6 years. He recorded his first album in Saudi Arabia and this album contains the struggle of life outside his home country Ethiopia among other types of music.
6. When he was living in Saudi Arabia he was working in a clothing shop and there were moments where he met other famous Ethiopian artists like Tadele Roba, Birhanu Lafonten. He also met Gosaye and Madingo in that clothing shop.
7. After he returned from Saudi Arabia he worked in the ‘Cave Club’ with Abinet Agonafir.
8. He can speak, listen, read and write 4 languages including Amharic, Tigrigna, Arabic and English. He can also communicate with Philippines and Bangladesh because he had two roommates who spoke those languages when he was living in Saudi Arabia.
9. Abdu Kiar writes most of his songs by himself.
10. He was one of high ranking students when he was in elementary and high school.
11. After he went to United States he learned IT and gained his associate degree.
12. He was married to Metasebia Negussie who was his high school lover 10 years ago. Now they have two kids named Aman and Sami they are 9 and 8 years old in 2016 G.C.
13. He returned to Ethiopia after 5 and half years stay in America and he had a concert.
14. Abdu Kiar is very good at mimicking other singers and he showed some of his skills in Tamagn and Seifu Fantahun shows.